Subject: Re: [boost] Permission to proceed?
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-14 06:31:59

On 13 October 2013 19:55, Stephen Kelly <steveire_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 10/13/2013 02:12 PM, Daniel James wrote:
>> But the main point is that notifications should be sent with the name
>> of the libraries affected,
>
> If I'm changing 20 libraries, that's not practical.

That's going to be a problem no matter which route you take.

>> since a lot of people don't read threads
>> that don't concern them. Incidentally, this should be easier to mange
>> with git as we'll be able to use pull requests.
>
> I don't see what git has to do with it. The modularization I'm trying to
> do is much much easier now, before migration to mulitple modularized git
> repos. I have a git-svn checkout. That means I can use git grep. When
> using modularized git repos I have to write a much more awkward git
> submodule foreach with a || true at the end.

Because each pull request can be tracked in github, which will reduce
the administrative burden. It'll also be easier to make the changes on
a branch so that you don't disrupt other people's work. And of course
merging should be better. When I said it would be easier to manage, I
wasn't talking about the initial changes.