Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Modularizing Boost (modularization)
From: Daniel James (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-18 09:23:28

On 18 October 2013 12:18, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> The other phases are well worth discussing, particularly once the
> conversion is complete and that giant step is behind us.

I think we should consider at least some of the changes now. Moving
headers to a new module (without changing the path) shouldn't be
disruptive.

I thought that moving 'boost/detail/workaround.hpp',
'boost/limits.hpp', 'boost/version.hpp' from details to config seemed
like an obviously good idea. They seem like a natural fit, version.hpp
is supposed to be part of config anyway:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_54_0/libs/config/doc/html/boost_config/boost_macro_reference.html#boost_config.boost_macro_reference.boost_informational_macros

boost/limits.hpp is intended to be part of compatibility, but is
currently in the detail module. So it has 3 potential homes.