Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Modularizing Boost (modularization)
From: Stephen Kelly (steveire_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-18 11:59:20

On 10/18/2013 05:42 PM, Edward Diener wrote:

> The property_map library can be used completely outside of the graph
> library. What does moving parts of property_map into graph accomplish ?

It makes the property_map library/repo/package not depend on the graph
library/repo/package.

'can be used' is the wrong thought process. You need to consider the
union of dependencies of include files in a package. Those are the
dependencies of the package.

Note also that I am repeating myself. My initial mail contained this:

> There are 104 nodes and 1159 edges. Each edge is a real dependency which
> exists between repos, and which will exist between boost modularized
> packages. They should not be considered optional.

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/245078

I also mentioned dependencies between repos/libraries several times in
that mail, and particularly pointed out that I'm not talking about
file-level dependency in this mail in response to you:

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/245078/focus=245101

Thanks,

Steve.