Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Modularizing Boost (modularization)
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-18 12:27:52

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Niall Douglas
<s_sourceforge_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I think Beman might have an idea in a v2.x Boost - one whose
> libraries *solely* consist of C++11 upgraded libraries. Any libraries
> from Boost v1.x not upgraded to C++11 get dropped from v2.x.

No, my thought was that Boost 2.x would allow existing libraries to be
changed to support only C++11 compilers, and that new libraries would only
have to work with C++11 compilers. Existing libraries could continue to
support C++03 compilers if they want to, and aren't required to add C++11
features.

> I look forward to the aghastness at the idea of dropping libraries
> from Boost :)

Hey, we've dropped libraries before:-) But that's only because something
better came along and the old library had been deprecated for a long time.

--Beman