Subject: Re: [boost] [git] [modular boost] Switchover schedule proposal
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-27 10:48:48

2013/10/26 Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>
<...>

> I'd like to ask you (or anyone else working on the transition to git) to
> post
> a formal email to this list describing the final workflow with Boost for
> the
> developers, when the transition is complete. I know about master and
> develop
> branches and that there were scripts to checkout the monolithic Boost. But
> there are many more questions that need to be answered, like:
>
> - Will there be a lockdown for master branches during the release cycle?
> - Will there be support branches for particular releases?
> - What branches will be tested?
> - What is the procedure for me applying patches to the libraries I don't
> maintain (e.g. to fix breakage in an other library)?
> - Will we keep using trac for tickets?
>
> and all other things people need to know to perform the development, like
> before the transition.

<...>

- How to run regression tests using run.py and git?
- How to setup b2 for running regression tests for an individual library
(currently it is just `cd libs/library_name/test; ../../../b2`)
- Can I merge and delete branches in GIT without affecting the whole system
stability (for example `conversion` library currently contains branches
like `filesystem_V3`)
- What about the docs? Will something change or docs still will be
generated by web-site maintainers for each release?

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin