Subject: Re: [boost] [1.55.0] Release candidates available
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-01 05:40:33

> Testing using "g++ (GCC) 4.9.0 20131013 (experimental)" with the default
> compilation flags (i.e., not C++11), I get errors including the following
> in
> Boost.TR1:
>

> and similar problems in std_test_ref_wrapper_tricky.

Apart from the fact that this is an unreleased compiler, whether or not that
test passes (and it's *very* strict, hence the "tricky" name), depends on
the implementation of std::reference_wrapper. I suspect - but haven't had
time to check - that this is a difference between the TR1 specification and
C++11, in that if memory serves, TR1 requires inheritance from
std::unary_function, where as C++11 does not. Given that the test case
tests strict adherence to TR1, such failures should probably just be marked
up as expected. Oh wait.... this is in C++03 compilation mode? In that
case it depends on Boost's reference wrapper, which has never been TR1
conforming.

John.

PS, can we deprecate Boost.TR1 yet? ;-)