Subject: Re: [boost] Git conversion fixes
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-27 15:47:56

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> We have two issues currently extant:
>
> 1. Some files that were deleted in SVN history are still present in the
> Git HEAD

Unless this effects more than the few header files in two libraries we
already discussed, I don't think it is worth worrying about. You have
already put in vast amounts of time on this project, and spending time with
friends and family is worth more than a few extra files, IMO.

> 2. Some people are dissatisfied with the way line endings are handled,
> especially on Windows
>
> I didn't expect to spend my Thanksgiving vacation working on this stuff,
> but I am getting myself set up to diagnose and fix #1.
>
> I am not going to try to fix #2, mostly because it's too open-ended, and
> there isn't even a consensus in the community about what a fix should
> look like. If a consensus is formed around a desired outcome, I am
> willing to at _least_ help in an advisory capacity, in which case
> someone should send me a personal email.

That's fine. I'll propose renormalization in a separate thread, probably
tomorrow.

--Beman