Subject: [boost] Git conversion fixes
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-27 15:25:37

We have two issues currently extant:

1. Some files that were deleted in SVN history are still present in the
   Git HEAD

2. Some people are dissatisfied with the way line endings are handled,
   especially on Windows

I didn't expect to spend my Thanksgiving vacation working on this stuff,
but I am getting myself set up to diagnose and fix #1.

I am not going to try to fix #2, mostly because it's too open-ended, and
there isn't even a consensus in the community about what a fix should
look like. If a consensus is formed around a desired outcome, I am
willing to at _least_ help in an advisory capacity, in which case
someone should send me a personal email.

Thanks,
Dave