Subject: Re: [boost] Git conversion fixes
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-27 16:23:29

On 27/11/2013 21:25, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> 2. Some people are dissatisfied with the way line endings are handled,
> especially on Windows

Here is my suggestion: all text files that do not explicitly need
otherwise should have Unix line endings in the upstream repository.
Example of text files that need Windows-style endings are .bat files.

Windows users may then choose to automatically convert those files to
Windows-style endings on checkout, or not. The point of this approach is
that everything just works regardless of the setting you choose to use.

I'm fairly sure that it is what has been implemented, except there are
still some issues with git configuration. It is of course necessary to
specify that autocrlf shouldn't mess with .bat files.