Subject: Re: [boost] [conversion] Isolating the phantom file changes problem
From: Gavin Lambert (gavinl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-27 17:02:30

On 28/11/2013 05:17, Quoth Dave Abrahams:
>> Another possibility might be to explicitly mark all text files in
>> .gitattributes with eol=lf and then run the conversion; I think that
>> would fix the repository blobs,
>
> What goes into .gitattributes has no effect on the content of blobs in
> the repository.

Sorry, when I wrote that I was envisaging the conversion process doing
the equivalent of an SVN checkout and then git add/commit. (And git
commit does take the attributes into account for eol conversion.)

Since apparently it doesn't work like that, just ignore that suggestion.

I still think that we need to renormalise the line endings though.
Whether that's done as a reconversion (fixing history) or just as an
extra commit (fixing current heads), that's up to you guys. ;)