Subject: [boost] [build] Broken in develop?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-06 15:59:03

Hi,

I tried to update and recreate links to headers today and stumbled into this:

$ b2 headers
Unable to load Boost.Build: could not find build system.
/home/lastique/src/boost/boost-build.jam attempted to load the build system by
invoking

   'boost-build tools/build/src ;'

but we were unable to find "bootstrap.jam" in the specified directory
or in BOOST_BUILD_PATH (searching /home/lastique/src/boost/tools/build/src,
/usr/share/boost-build).

Please consult the documentation at 'http://www.boost.org'.

Also, bootstrap.sh also seems to be not working:

$ ./bootstrap.sh
./bootstrap.sh: 1: ./bootstrap.sh: ./tools/build/src/engine/build.sh: not
found
Building Boost.Build engine with toolset ...
Failed to build Boost.Build build engine
Consult 'bootstrap.log' for more details

bootstrap.log contains:

./bootstrap.sh: 218: cd: can't cd to ./tools/build/src/engine

I remember there were discussions about moving Boost.Build somewhere, and it
appears that some scripts were updated for that but the actual Boost.Build
code is still in tools/build/v2. I did 'git pull' in the Boost root, it's up
to date.