Subject: Re: [boost] [build] Broken in develop?
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-06 17:27:32

On 01/06/2014 09:59 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to update and recreate links to headers today and stumbled into this:
>
> $ b2 headers
> Unable to load Boost.Build: could not find build system.
> /home/lastique/src/boost/boost-build.jam attempted to load the build system by
> invoking
>
> 'boost-build tools/build/src ;'
>
> but we were unable to find "bootstrap.jam" in the specified directory
> or in BOOST_BUILD_PATH (searching /home/lastique/src/boost/tools/build/src,
> /usr/share/boost-build).
>
> Please consult the documentation at 'http://www.boost.org'.
>
> Also, bootstrap.sh also seems to be not working:
>
> $ ./bootstrap.sh
> ./bootstrap.sh: 1: ./bootstrap.sh: ./tools/build/src/engine/build.sh: not
> found
> Building Boost.Build engine with toolset ...
> Failed to build Boost.Build build engine
> Consult 'bootstrap.log' for more details
>
> bootstrap.log contains:
>
> ./bootstrap.sh: 218: cd: can't cd to ./tools/build/src/engine
>

> I remember there were discussions about moving Boost.Build somewhere, and it
> appears that some scripts were updated for that but the actual Boost.Build
> code is still in tools/build/v2. I did 'git pull' in the Boost root, it's up
> to date.

git pull in the Boost root make the boost repository up to date,
including the references to the related commits for each of the
submodules. But to get the submodule repositories themselves updated
according to these references you need to do:

git submodule update

in boost root directory. That should update tools/build with the new
file structure.

--
Bjørn