Subject: Re: [boost] Once accepted, when does a library undergo further review?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-07 06:46:43

On 6 Jan 2014 at 13:33, Nevin Liber wrote:

> > Also, more controversial features, techniques or ideas which wouldn't
> > pass peer review are deliberately kept till after admission.
>
> Do you have an example of this?

Well, I'm not going to name names when anyone interested can search
this list's historical archives for when people complain loudly about
changes. There is a library whose internals have seen a lot of recent
and radical change, and it regularly breaks AFIO. I'm not alone in
experiencing such breakage, but personally speaking I support such
changes as they are a positive thing, even with the extra work they
cause me in keeping up.

> IMHO, this seems like it would be an abuse of the trust given to Boost
> developers.

I would call it a *consequence* of the trust given to Boost
developers. They earned that trust by achieving passing peer review,
a no small feat.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/