Subject: Re: [boost] [Fibers] Performance
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-16 09:49:40

2014/1/16 Thomas Heller <thom.heller_at_[hidden]>

> I don't think so. Boost.Fiber builts on context and without a working
> context implementation, the fiber is useless.

because I don't get feedback about the implementation of an architecture,
nor regression-tests exists, I should throw away the work.
of course I let it in the library and wait if someone tests it and reports
the bug. otherwise it would be impossible to get any feedback.

> do you think I've a machine for each architecture at home? I can only
>> write
>> the code if requested by some users and I have to rely on the willing of
>> community members to test the code on the specific hardware.
>>

> Absolutely. But context is shipped with code for PPC64 so it should be
> assumed it works.

> Yes, I got side tracked. I am not blaming you for not delivering a PPC64
> Boost.Context implementation. When i get back to the project where i need
> the context switch for PPC64, i will certainly get back to you. I was just
> trying to point to a case where Fiber is not working (with no indication in
> the docs or elsewhere). Sorry if you got the wrong impression.

after reading the postings of you and other members of your group I must
get the impression you really try to dis me

Please keep in mind that I do this work only in my spare time (beside I've
a family too), I've not the time as you in your daily work at the
university.
And then you and your fellows tell me that I'm to stupid - beside that some
of the criticised issues are questionable - copy-and-paste error happen.