Subject: Re: [boost] Participation in GSOC 2014
From: Anton Bikineev (ant.bikineev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-01-31 10:16:03

Vineet Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi (INDIA
<vineet.kumar.cer11 <at> iitbhu.ac.in> writes:

> I want to implement BigInteger, BigDecimal libraries for boost. I work most
> of the time with C++, java and C#. Such libraries are also not present for
> C++.
> HugeInt is limited to 40 decimal place. There functionality is essential
> for scientific mathematical calculations specially for cryptography. I also
> want to add some crypto stuff to it. Is this can be a valid proposal for
> boost to work upon?
>
> With Regards
>
> Vineet Kumar,
> Indian Institute of Technology, BHU

Boost already has the Boost.Multiprecision library which implements the
numbers with arbitrary precision. I think one of the best way for you is to
look at https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2013.
If you are interested with multiprecision you could see
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2013#Boost.Multiprecision

Best regards, Anton.