Subject: Re: [boost] SQL: next iteration of sqlpp11
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-02-01 15:51:27

On 2/1/2014 12:27 PM, Roland Bock wrote:
> On 2014-02-01 18:14, Edward Diener wrote:
>> On 2/1/2014 9:04 AM, Roland Bock wrote:
>>> Dear boosters,
>>>
>>> after the lively discussion about sqlpp11 in November 2013
>>> (http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/11/208388.php), sqlpp11 has
>>> evolved quite a bit and I want to give you an update.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/rbock/sqlpp11
>>>
> [...]
>>> Please let me know your questions/thoughts/suggestions/rants.
>>> Contributions welcome, of course :-)
>>
>> Does not build under Windows.
>>
> Hi,
>
> I assume you tried MSVC? Then I am not surprised after watching this:
> http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/C9-Lectures-Stephan-T-Lavavej-Core-C-/Core-Cpp-10
>
> You need a compiler and standard library that supports pretty much all
> of C++11.
>
> Could you send me compiler version and output? Maybe off the list, since
> I assume it is a lot?

Using 'cmake CMakeLists.txt' a VC++ 12 solution was generated.
Attempting to build the solution gives:

'2> '..\scripts\ddl2cpp' is not recognized as an internal or external
command,'

most everywhere.

>> You need documentation somewhere.
>>
> There's documentation in the wiki:
>
> https://github.com/rbock/sqlpp11/wiki
>
> It is in no way complete, but a good point to start, I think.

OK, thanks !

As a suggestion for Boost, putting the files in the modular-boost format
and either providing HTML docs, using Boost build to generate the HTML
docs, or using CMake to generate the docs would be helpful to those in
Boost who might want to look at your efforts.