Subject: Re: [boost] clang on mingw
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-04 13:38:05

On Tue, Mar 04, 2014 at 08:27:53PM +0200, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Niall Douglas wrote:
> >I would be surprised if GCC + SEH is as reliable as DWARF.
> >http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/WindowsGCCImprovements says GCC doesn't do Windows
> >SEH at all, but the real reason SEH isn't in mainline GCC is due to patent
> >fears, there has been an implementation for some time. I assume the
> >mingw-w64 developers decided to merge that patch anyway.
>
> The MinGW-w64 page states that SEH is only patented for x86, not on x64,
> which is why the 32 bit version only has Dwarf or SJLJ as options. The 64
> bit version is SEH or SJLJ.

If you intend to ever post about SEH to the cfe-dev@ (Clang) list,
don't bother.

All discussion on the subject or even of laying groundwork for SEH or
implementing something similiar under a generic name will be immediately
shut down and gagged.

Somewhat bitterly yours,

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]