Subject: Re: [boost] clang on mingw
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-04 13:48:39

On 4 Mar 2014 at 20:27, Peter Dimov wrote:

> > I would be surprised if GCC + SEH is as reliable as DWARF.
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/WindowsGCCImprovements says GCC doesn't do Windows
> > SEH at all, but the real reason SEH isn't in mainline GCC is due to patent
> > fears, there has been an implementation for some time. I assume the
> > mingw-w64 developers decided to merge that patch anyway.
>
> The MinGW-w64 page states that SEH is only patented for x86, not on x64,
> which is why the 32 bit version only has Dwarf or SJLJ as options. The 64
> bit version is SEH or SJLJ.

I didn't know that. Still, I would assume that the SEH implementation
is probably nothing like as heavily tested as the DWARF
implementation.

Whatever the case, you really don't want SJLJ for sure.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work in Ireland.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/