Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC 2014] Boost.Fixed-Point Proposal
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-20 18:49:25

On 21 Mar 2014 at 3:37, Nikhar Agrawal wrote:

> Wow... there's an incredible wealth of information in the Boost archives on
> fixed-point. A lot of these concern with a lot of design issues. These
> discussions should come in really handy. I wish I had come upon these
> earlier. But never too late I guess.

It's never too late. Far more importantly you asked for help here,
got given help, and then made use of that help by doing your own
research. That's exactly the kind of student we want for GSoC.

> Since my current proposal as it stands seems quite good to you (apart from
> any particular quibbles you might have which I'm most interested in hearing
> :) ) and the fact that I don't have much time left to make amendments to
> the proposal based on reading of these archives, I'll add a time before the
> community bonding period to the schedule solely to reading of these
> archives and ponder upon the various design issues discussed. This period
> lies before selection of the project in GSoC and it doesn't bother me since
> fixed-point has me very very interested now after all the time spent on it.
> So, GSoC or not, I would like to implement this library anyways provided of
> course that no one has any objection to it and no one else is working on
> it. Having said that though, I would like to hope that my above interest in
> developing the library regardless of GSoC doesn't hurt my chances of
> selection in it.

Be aware that I plan to ask this community to rank the proposals this
Sunday 23rd. Between submission deadline tomorrow 21st and Sunday I
hope to get all the potential mentors to indicate which proposals
they like on Melange as this may aid the community when ranking.

Hence, any improvements you can make to your proposal before Sunday
would be great.

Niall

---
Boost C++ Libraries Google Summer of Code 2014 admin
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2014