Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC 2014] Boost.Fixed-Point Proposal
From: Nikhar Agrawal (nikharagrawal2006_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-20 18:07:42

Wow... there's an incredible wealth of information in the Boost archives on
fixed-point. A lot of these concern with a lot of design issues. These
discussions should come in really handy. I wish I had come upon these
earlier. But never too late I guess.

Since my current proposal as it stands seems quite good to you (apart from
any particular quibbles you might have which I'm most interested in hearing
:) ) and the fact that I don't have much time left to make amendments to
the proposal based on reading of these archives, I'll add a time before the
community bonding period to the schedule solely to reading of these
archives and ponder upon the various design issues discussed. This period
lies before selection of the project in GSoC and it doesn't bother me since
fixed-point has me very very interested now after all the time spent on it.
So, GSoC or not, I would like to implement this library anyways provided of
course that no one has any objection to it and no one else is working on
it. Having said that though, I would like to hope that my above interest in
developing the library regardless of GSoC doesn't hurt my chances of
selection in it.

Anyways, I found 4 very detailed discussions on fixed-point already. If
anyone has any more relevant thread links, I'll be really glad to read them.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/157744
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/158019
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/178257

Thanks.