Subject: Re: [boost] Application need a Review Manager. Anyone is interested?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-20 09:40:45

On 19 Apr 2014 at 10:44, Renato Forti wrote:

> The proposed Boost.Application, needs a Review Manager. Anyone is
> interested?

So do a ton of other libraries waiting in the review queue.

One trend I've noticed in recent reviews is that the libraries which
find review managers are small, sometimes very small. It might be
worth breaking up Application into smaller libraries if you want a
faster review.

Equally, AFIO has 1000 active lines of code, and I very much doubt
it'll see a review manager any time soon. I'm thinking maybe next
year it might (I will speak at C++ Now introducing the session on the
Future of Boost, which will mention AFIO :) ).

FYI, I'd just love if Application's design rationale told me why and
how it's similar or different to Boost.Process. Process is one of the
most popular non-official Boost libraries out there.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work in Ireland.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/