Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts on Boost v2
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-17 06:30:38

> Well, let us iterate the libraries which were presented this C++ Now
> conference which are not in Boost and have no (to my knowledge)
> intention to enter Boost. Some of these may not be C++11, it was hard
> to tell from the talk description, but a majority were:
>
> * Versor

Interesting, if very domain specific.

> * Turtle Mock
> * BoundedInteger
> * Mach7

Currently has no docs on the web, so I can't judge.

> * Octopus

Unable to find that one.

> * HPX

 From a well known Booster, depends on Boost and is Boost-licenced.
Let's hope we see it here soon, although it looks like it may still be
experimental?

> * Metashell (or rather its underlying libraries)
> * libcppa (though Boost.Actor which is based on this is expected)
> * CppComponents

Interestingly also Boost-licenced, and from a Boost contributor.

> * Some sort of C++ idiomatic XML library
> * Doppl

Couldn't find it.

> * sfrp
>
> Need I say any more?

Well it would be nice of some of those library authors could chime in
with their thoughts, otherwise we don't really know one way or another?

Regards, John.