Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts on Boost v2
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 18:46:06

On 16 May 2014 at 22:20, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> On 05/16/2014 09:10 PM, Niall Douglas wrote:
> > 3. All the interesting new C++ 11 libraries you find around the
> > internet have zero interest in trying to join Boost, with a very few
> > honorable exceptions. That speaks volumes, to me at least.
>
> Could you list these libraries? That would be important to refocus the discussion on
> the value for the user.

Well, let us iterate the libraries which were presented this C++ Now
conference which are not in Boost and have no (to my knowledge)
intention to enter Boost. Some of these may not be C++11, it was hard
to tell from the talk description, but a majority were:

* Versor
* Turtle Mock
* BoundedInteger
* Mach7
* Octopus
* HPX
* Metashell (or rather its underlying libraries)
* libcppa (though Boost.Actor which is based on this is expected)
* CppComponents
* Some sort of C++ idiomatic XML library
* Doppl
* sfrp

Need I say any more?

Niall