Subject: Re: [boost] [ANN] libstudxml - modern XML API for C++
From: Boris Kolpackov (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-21 14:05:27

Hi Eric,

Eric Niebler <eniebler_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I personally like the idea of having a small, fast, lightweight XML
> parser with no external dependencies under the Boost Software License.

Just to clarify, libstudxml consists of three parts: the interface
implementation that I wrote (MIT) and two other components that
are not mine: the Expat XML parser (MIT) and the Genx XML serializer
(MIT). Expat and Genx source code is included into libstudxml as
implementation details (see Implementation Notes[1] for more
information). So the whole library is under the MIT license.

Should libstudxml end up in Boost, I have no problem changing the
license for the bits I wrote to the Boost License. However, we
won't be able to change the license for Expat of Genx. MIT is
probably even more permissive that the Boost License but whether
this is a potential problem I don't know.

[1] http://codesynthesis.com/projects/libstudxml/doc/intro.xhtml#6

Boris