Subject: [boost] [convert] An approach that might actually work. :-)
From: Vladimir Batov (vb.mail.247_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-26 09:02:18

To move forward in a coordinated way how about we create a working group
(say, >= 5 people). Then we'd address convert-related issues in the order of
importance. Public API first, converter API then, etc. (Or maybe some other
design altogether). We'd focus on one thing at a time. Discuss it and then
vote. The solution accepted by the majority wins, we document it and move
forward to the next item of importance... without running in circles about
the previous issues... unless we realize down the track that our solution is
flawed somehow.

That won't require any more of the time of the participants than it is now.
I am happy to coordinate (whatever that might be), do implementation (to the
best of my abilities), etc. Still, if anyone feels strongly about doing that
"coordination" thing, step forward, no drama.

Such collaborative approach would take subjectivity out and might bring new
unexpected ideas, etc. That I think might actually work. Any one willing to
sign up? Jeroen, Roland, Rob? What people think? Let me know if you feel
like participating, contributing... If there is no appetite for that, it's
still OK.