Subject: Re: [boost] Looking for git help for Boost releases
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-03 12:15:49

On 3 Jun 2014 at 8:39, Marshall Clow wrote:

> One of the missing pieces that we had in SVN was "svn export", which let
> you check out a particular branch/revision to a local folder, w/o any of
> the SVN infrastructure (such as .svn folders). It also let you set the
> line endings of the files, so I could make a release with Windows line
> endings on a non-windows computer.

git archive works for single repos. No submodule support though, and
no CRLF forcing support. So I'd suggest a script like this:

1. Fetch all submodules and check them out.

2. For each submodule, switch to a temporary local branch. If
generating a windows build, replace .gitattributes in each submodule
with a CRLF forcing one. Commit, per submodule.

3. Force git hard reset every submodule to the temporary branch.

4. Zip up the entire tree, with an exclusion filter for anything
starting with a '.'.

git only puts its infrastructure in the root of a module, so you only
need to zap those and you're done.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting