Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Library Incubator recommended by steering committee
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-18 00:32:33

Andrzej Horoszczak wrote
> As frequent user of boost libraries I think it is worthwhile idea.
>
> Moreover, once blincubator gets past it teething problems - it would be
> great if there was a link directing to it on the main page of boost.org.

Hmmm - I think that every where on the site where boost is mentioned
- twice on the introduction alone - it's a hot link to boost.org

I was wary about providing boost.org with plausibility since it's a
speculative personal venture. It's my personal creation than a product
of consensus as boost is. The strong endorsement from boost is
much appreciated - but I wasn't counting on it.

> ps. Robert must have put some crafty code into the website - right now
> it manages to reliably blow out my Firefox (-;

The whole wordpress/php/html/jquery/javascript/css/xml/xslt thing is much
messier
than C++ (really - unbelievable but true). Then wordpress has a very
sophisticated and hard to understand method of plug-ins. Then there's
thousands of plug-ins to choose from. I used 12 (so far) I probably tried
40 to select these 12. Quality is all over the place.
Then you can only verify that the thing works through experimentation.
There really is no other way. It's amazing it works at all.

Note that there is a section "About" where you can post suggestions
regarding
the website itself. crashing firefox would be interesting to know.

Robert Ramey