Subject: Re: [boost] Use of third-party libraries
From: Michael Shepanski (mps_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-23 22:33:37

On 23/07/2014 11:11 PM, Karsten Ahnert wrote:
> We have in odeint several adapters for several third party libraries.
> None of these adapters is build or tested during a normal boost build,
> but you can use them manually or test them manually.
>
> I think if you use a similar policy there shouldn't be any problems.
> Maybe you can even ship sqlite (I think it is only one source file) and
> use sqlite it as a default backend. Of course the licence of sqlite must
> then be compatible with the boost license.

Thanks Karsten,

I don't think I could get away with this in my case. The DBMS-specific
code is of a size where it really it should be tested routinely. Also
the idea of a "default backend" doesn't quite fit, since application
programmers need to be aware of which backend they're using, at least at
one point in their code (see
http://quince-lib.com/getting_started/creating_the_database_object.html).

Regards,
--- Michael