Subject: Re: [boost] Use of third-party libraries
From: Michael Shepanski (mps_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-25 02:31:49

On 24/07/2014 6:00 PM, John Maddock wrote:

> For me I would have one lib (and repository):

I like the idea of one repository, because I like anything that makes my
life simpler.

A couple of people have spoken up for multiple repositories to aid
parallel development of different backends, so to those people: if you
think it's a really big deal, please stop me now.

> mylib/
> include/
> src/
> backend1/
> backend2/
> build/

I also need backend-specific headers, so I'll just add another
"backend1/" and "backend2/" under "include/", right? Then application
code gets to say "#include <boost/quince/backend1/specific.h>", which is
nice.

This is something that I wouldn't know how to do if I had separate
repositories for each backend, which is one reason I'm turning away from
that idea.

> But really it's up to you - as long as the structure is clearly
> organised and folks can find their way around I don't believe anyone
> should beat you up too much about it. In short use the right
> organisation for the job in hand.
>
> HTH, John.

ID, Michael