Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] Proceeding with modularization
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-19 20:28:49

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> Now that 1.56 is out I believe we can proceed with modularization. I'd
> like to complete Boost.MPL decomposition into Boost.MPL.Core and Boost.MPL
> that I started some time ago. I can see two ways of doing this: I can keep
> the two parts in the separate git repositories or I can move
> Boost.MPL.Core to a sub-library within the same git repo. I'd prefer the
> second approach since this allows to create a single pull request and
> keeps the library history in one place, but maybe there are other
> considerations?

I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other. Boost.Build doesn't
handle arbitrary sublibs at the moment very well, I think (numeric/* is
hardcoded) but this will need to be fixed anyway. This aside, if you go with
a sublib, it seems to me that it will be easy to move it into a proper
submodule at a later date if we so decide, unless I'm missing something.