Subject: Re: [boost] [safe_numerics] questioning the basic idea
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-11-19 11:29:42

David Stone wrote
> I attended your presentation at Boost Con and I thought you did a really
> great job. I think I even told you so.
> <snip>
> It instead has compile-time
> min and max bounds on each integer type, and the goal is to replace all
> uses of built-in integer types. The result of the arithmetic operators is
> new type that is able to hold any result of the operation (so
> bounded::integer<1, 10> + bounded::integer<4, 7> == bounded::integer<5,
> 17>).

I have a good answer to this, and if you post a comment at
http://rrsd.com/blincubator.com/bi_library/safe-numerics I'll respond.

I know I'm being a pain on insisting on this but my main interest
right now is testing out the comment feature on the incubator
to see it can be helpful for these types of discussions.

Thanks to all who are willing to help me out on this.

Robert Ramey

PS - there's no reason why your bounded integer library couldn't be
loaded to the incubator. The incubator encourages competition!!!

RR