Subject: Re: [boost] boost::filesystem changes since version 1.55.0
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-08 13:39:41

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 7:19 AM, Armin Pies <armin.pies_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I have tried to upgrade our software from using boost 1.55.0 to 1.57.0.
>
> Now we're getting unexpected exceptions in our code using
> filesystem::recursive_directory_iterator.
>
> Checking http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_56_0.html or
> http://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_57_0.html there are no
> changes concerning boost::filesystem.
>
> Is there somebody who can tell me what has been changed in
> boost::filesystem, versions 1.56 and 1.57, and what impact it has on
> existing code or what I have to adapt to fix our software?

See
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_57_0/libs/filesystem/doc/release_history.html

1.56.0 included reorganization and fixes for
recursive_directory_iterator::increment.

When you say you are getting "unexpected exceptions", do you mean
exceptions you didn't expect that are correctly reporting actual errors or
exceptions you didn't expect that are incorrectly reporting errors even
though no error actually occurred?

Thanks,

--Beman