Subject: Re: [boost] boost::filesystem changes since version 1.55.0
From: Armin Pies (armin.pies_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-12-09 04:02:52

Hi Beman.

In the meantime I have found the documentation you have mentioned and it lead to my work-around I have already mentioned.

Nevertheless the documentation just states that something was changed but not that I have to adapt existing code.

These "unexpected" exceptions in the operator++ are correct ("no such file or directory") but they were not thrown before boost version 1.56.
So I have made a work-around using the increment(error_code) method, just ignoring the resulting error code.

By the way, these "new" exceptions in the operator++ have only occurred under Linux (gcc 4.8.2) but not under Windows (vc++ 12.0).

Regards,

Armin