Subject: Re: [boost] transforming ex. boost lib into C++11-only lib?
From: Jason Roehm (jasonr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-22 10:41:02

On 01/22/2015 09:47 AM, Oliver Kowalke wrote:

>> The benefit of an aditional C++11 version of an existing lib would IMO be
>> decoupeling from dependency of other libs -like the first type-. The second
>> type is a rewrite where some dependencies to boost are replaces with C++11
>> dependencies for various reasons: perhaps less lines,or better
>> performance,or better maintainability..
>>
> In the case of boost.coroutine both applies (decoupling from dependency of
> other libs
> and better maintainability because of using C++11 features like lambdas
> etc.).

The one thing I would argue against would be the disappearance of the
existing C++03-supporting Coroutine. I understand the quality-of-life
improvements that C++11 brings for a library developer, but I would hope
that the existing Coroutine wouldn't be removed from the Boost
distribution. One of the past releases had issues with the immediate and
mostly silent deprecation of the coroutine class interface from the
previous version, so I thought I would note my request that something
similar doesn't happen to today's Coroutine.

Jason