Subject: Re: [boost] 1.58.1 bugfix release necessary?
From: Jason Roehm (jasonr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-22 14:29:27

On 04/22/2015 02:25 PM, John Maddock wrote:

>> Unfortunately boost.context fails to compile for gcc-4.8.x and option
>> -std=c++11.
>> Because of a dependency to boost.context, boost.asio and
>> boost.coroutine do
>> not compile too.
>> I've pushed a pull-request to boost.config - the patch adds C++14 test
>> macro BOOST_NO_CXX14_INTEGER_SEQUENCE (
>> https://github.com/boostorg/config/pull/57).
> Oliver, I've just rejected that one as it doesn't quite add things in
> the right way - sorry!
>
> However, I will add the macro at some point, probably sooner rather
> than later with a PR, but I promise to try and get there...
>
> I confess there are a couple of other Config issues, plus one
> multiprecision bug fix that could go in a .1 release should we decide
> to have one.

Strictly from a Boost user's perspective, the Context (and therefore
Coroutine, ASIO) build problem is a pretty serious one. gcc-4.8.x /
C++11 is a pretty mainstream configuration nowadays. At the very least,
the publishing of a patch file on boost.org as has been done in the past
would be appreciated in order to enable building with this compiler
configuration.

Jason