Subject: Re: [boost] [Master project] Switch from Trac to another Bug-tracking-system (was: [Master project] GitHub issues disabled)
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-24 05:05:29

[Master
> project] GitHub issues disabled)

> > > Because we're still using Trac for bug reporting.
> > >

> > I would pretty much recommend, you consider migrating from Trac to
> > another (more modern) bug-tracking system that is more responsive and
> > has less problems with modern browsers.
> >
> > [...]
>
> +1
>
> If the community wants to make a change, I think GitHub issues would be the most appropriate
system for
> this, for obvious reasons since the repos are now hosted on GitHub.
>
> However, there are probably several valid reasons to stay with Trac too, so let's just say I'm
expressing a
> naive wish.

Don't forget that many (good?) libraries use release notes and history that link to Trac #numbers to
record bugs and fixes and enhancements.

Any new system must continue to provide access the information that these provide.
This might be achieved by keeping Trac going (forever?) Conversion sounds non-trivial?

Any new system also needs to provide an equivalent mechanism to link to bug fix info.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse