Subject: Re: [boost] [Master project] Switch from Trac to another Bug-tracking-system
From: Rob Stewart (rob.stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-25 06:32:44

On April 25, 2015 5:18:06 AM EDT, "Paul A. Bristow" <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> responsive
[snip]
> > To be honest, I have not used too many different ticket-systems
> myself.
> > However, as you might have noticed, I have some experience in
> working
> > with Redmine and my impression is, that it would be a big
> improvement to
> > using Trac and that a migration and database conversion from Trac to
> > Redmine would be possible.
>
> (Personally, I have had no problems with Trac - just works for me).
>
> Other views from experienced/disgruntled users?

My limited experiences with Trac have never been great. It is slow and prone to failures. I have extensive experience with Redmine and can attest to its responsiveness and functionality. A co-worker has done conversions to Redmine from other issue trackers, though not from Trac, so I know such is possible and I might be able to offer some helpful information should Boost choose to make that transition.

I think the other message reporting on the limited functionality of git issue tracking relative to Trac sufficiently kills that option, so any Trac replacement must be found elsewhere.

___
Rob