Subject: Re: [boost] [Master project] Switch from Trac to another Bug-tracking-system
From: Michael Caisse (mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-25 12:59:24

On 04/25/2015 03:32 AM, Rob Stewart wrote:

>> responsive
> [snip]
>>> To be honest, I have not used too many different ticket-systems
>> myself.
>>> However, as you might have noticed, I have some experience in
>> working
>>> with Redmine and my impression is, that it would be a big
>> improvement to
>>> using Trac and that a migration and database conversion from Trac to
>>> Redmine would be possible.
>>
>> (Personally, I have had no problems with Trac - just works for me).
>>
>> Other views from experienced/disgruntled users?
>
> My limited experiences with Trac have never been great. It is slow and prone to failures. I have extensive experience with Redmine and can attest to its responsiveness and functionality. A co-worker has done conversions to Redmine from other issue trackers, though not from Trac, so I know such is possible and I might be able to offer some helpful information should Boost choose to make that transition.
>
> I think the other message reporting on the limited functionality of git issue tracking relative to Trac sufficiently kills that option, so any Trac replacement must be found elsewhere.

We use Atlassian tools (JIRA, Stash <think of github for corporations>,
Babmoo) as our main chain for getting things done. I have been preparing
something to show the release team (that is there) while in Aspen for
CppNow.

Atlassian offers their products to OpenSource projects without charge.
Ciere is now hosting the cppnow site and is willing to do the hosting
for these other tools too.

Anyhow, I just want to throw this out now and there will be a more
detailed "proposal" of sorts if there is some interest after Aspen.

michael

--
Michael Caisse
ciere consulting