Subject: Re: [boost] Some statistics about the C++ 11/14 mandatory Boost libraries
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-14 18:47:23

AMDG

On 05/14/2015 03:58 PM, Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira wrote:

> Boost.Build is a pain.
>
> Boost QuickBook and DocBook are nice, but the tools are also a pain.
>
> I shouldn't have to download and maintain a Boost tree to make these tools
> work. It's like all or nothing. I'd like to see tools that are more
> modular, standalone and with no assumption that I'm building a Boost
> project.

  Boost.Build can work outside boost. You can
check out just the build repository and
install it. Quickbook depends on Boost.Spirit
and other Boost libraries, so you need Boost
to build it. I suppose it would be possible
to distribute prebuilt executables. I'm not sure
why you mention DocBook as it's an external project.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe