Boost logo

Boost :

Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] Time to upgrade to "version 2" ?
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-15 20:54:34

Le 15/05/15 20:09, John Maddock a écrit :
> Now that the release is out it's decision time:
> I'd like to merge the "Version2" branch of type_traits to develop, it
> passes all the tests, and I've been using it exclusively for testing
> and development locally for a few months now without issues. But....
> it's a big change with the potential to break a lot of folks stuff if
> things go wrong given that this is such a core component. To recap
> the main advantages are:
> So here's the question, how do we proceed?
I don't know if you have run all the regression test at least on one
platform/compiler. If not, this should give you a good idea of the impact.
> My thoughts are to basically go ahead and merge, but not merge to
> master until after the next release at the earliest to give everything
> a chance to bed down, and the required changes in other libraries to
> filter through.
Do you mean that you will not merge to master for release 1.59? If this
is the case, I would be against. How would you manage to fix current
issues on master branch?
> Or we could have some sort of mini-review either formally or
> informally to check things out before the merge - of course folks are
> most welcome to do this anyway!
> Let me know what you think, best, John.
I don't think we need the mini-review.


Boost list run by bdawes at, gregod at, cpdaniel at, john at