Subject: Re: [boost] Deprecation Policy
From: charleyb123 . (charleyb123_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-05-16 18:54:38

> Rob sayeth:

<snip, deprecation policy, modular-or-monolithic distribution>,

Stefan respondeth:

> I imagine it's entirety possible to produce a "boost release" (or "distro"
> to use a term Niall suggested) consisting of all the latest releases of
> individual boost libraries.
>
> You might argue that it's hard to guarantee compatibility among them. But
> that has been a problem Boost has been plagued with forever: no two boost
> releases have ever given any guaranty of compatibility. So here again, a
> little change in policy would very much benefit boost users.
>
> Stefan

This is a very interesting idea: The concept of a "Distribution".

I could see something like:

(a)- Boost "Networking/IPC" distribution

(b)- Boost "Embedded" distribution (supporting Beaglebone or specific
platform)

(c)- Boost "Template Meta-Programming" distribution (requires C++14)

(d)- Boost "Everything" Distribution (what we have now)

(e)- etc.