Subject: Re: [boost] [predef] Using predef-check on 'develop' problem
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-01 17:35:14

On 6/1/2015 2:41 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:
> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 8:34 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 8:25 PM, Edward Diener <eldiener_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:
>>

>> If you look at the predef info_as_cpp tests, such as at
>>>
>>> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/NA-QNX650-SP1-ARM-boost-bin-v2-libs-predef-test-info_as_cpp-test-qcc-4-4-2_arm-debug-debug-symbols-off.html,
>>> you will see that no compiler is being detected.
>>>

>> Ah.. I see: BOOST_COMP_GNUC = 40400002 (4,4,2) | Gnu GCC C/C++
>>
>> Maybe you meant this link: <
>> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/oracle-intel-S2-stlport4-boost-bin-v2-libs-predef-test-info_as_cpp-test-sun-stlport4-release-threading-multi.html
>>>
>> ??
>>

>>> Yet if you look at my VMD test, called test_variadic_macro, at
>>> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/output/oracle-intel-S2-stlport4-boost-bin-v2-libs-vmd-test-test_variadic_macro-test-sun-stlport4-release-threading-multi.html,
>>> you can see that I am picking up that '__SUNPRO_CC' is defined.
>>>
>>> Yet if '__SUNPRO_CC' is defined then predef should be picking that up and
>>> setting BOOST_COMP_SUNPRO to the compiler being detected.
>>>

>> Right.
>>
>> Along with that problem is that in my VMD tests, aside from the
>>> test_variadic_macro test, I have the predef-check as specified in my OP
>>> above. Yet this is being triggered for the SunOS operating system tests
>>> when clearly the compiler is not BOOST_COMP_GNUC, and '-std=c++0x' is
>>> erroneously being added for the VMD tests which causes them all to fail
>>> because the tests are being run with '-compat=5 -library=stlport4'. So here
>>> again, with SunOS and Oracle ( aka Sun ) C++, predef does not appear to be
>>> working correctly.
>>

>> Well, let me fix the first problem. Perhaps it's a side effect of the Sun
>> compiler not being detected.
>>

> OK, this seems to be fixed now. Took a while for the testers to get to
> testing it. Can you verify that the Predef check issues are also taken care
> of?

Your June 1 predef changes have not been picked up by the latest VMD
tests for Android and Oracle C++ yet. Should previous changes have fixed
the problem I was seeing in those tests ? If not I still have to wait
until the Android and Oracle C++ tests with your June 1 changes cycle.
The VMD tests on QNX are now working correctly even though your June 1
changes were not picked up there yet.