Subject: Re: [boost] What would make tool authors happier..
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-04 03:32:15

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Libraries should have the following directories with jamfiles in them
>
> build

build can be missing if the library does not need compiling.

> test
> doc

The most important one is missing: include. I would go as far as
proposing this single directory as the sign of a library root
directory. If that looks too generic (e.g. if include directories are
expected to be inside examples or tests), maybe meta is suitable for
that as well.

> Libraries can be nested if they adhere to the above convention.

+1. I think nesting should not be prohibited.