Subject: Re: [boost] What would make tool authors happier..
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-04 09:17:28

On 6/4/15 12:32 AM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Libraries should have the following directories with jamfiles in them
>>
>> build
>
> build can be missing if the library does not need compiling.
>
>> test
>> doc

also I would expand this slightly to

build(if required)
test
doc
   jamfile.v2 (if required
   html

I've always disliked having documentation in one place if they are built
with boost book and in an other place if they are built some other way.
  So either use the above or copy all the handcrafted html to the "other
place" I prefer the above because it keeps all the library under one
directory.

Robert Ramey