Subject: Re: [boost] What would make tool authors happier..
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-06-04 09:13:02

On 6/4/15 12:32 AM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 1:46 AM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Libraries should have the following directories with jamfiles in them
>>
>> build
>
> build can be missing if the library does not need compiling.
>
>> test
>> doc
>
> The most important one is missing: include.

Of course, this convention is needed to support b2 headers capability.

I think that

a) we've had enough discussion
b) all interested parties have had opportunity to comment
c) we have a consensus that enforcing a few rules which have been in
place for many years will making tooling much simpler
d) Rene should announce this policy update will take effect after ...
and there after, libraries which don't conform to the convention won't
be automatically tested.
e) and request that library maintainers make necessary updates.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to have some say.

Robert Ramey