Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.DLL formal review is ongoing
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-06 04:47:58

El 04/07/2015 a las 11:19, Antony Polukhin escribió:
> It looks like you have Boost headers and libraries of different versions.
> Try to recompile the boost_filesystem library.

I really like the idea of the library, and the interface seems good. I
don't think I will have time to do a review, but my main comment would
be related to dependencies.

I very much like a DLL library without any dependencies on other boost
types in its interface (boost::function, boost::filesystem). Even no
dependencies in the implementation would be good, although this is much
easier to deal with.

I could think about a "core" vrsion of Boost.DLL that uses plain const
char* names and pointers to functions and another version which could
offer more goodies. The basic version could be easily interoperable with
std::function/filesystem types (a simple wrapper could do the job) and
it could be also used by other low-level boost libraries trying to load
some DLLs.

Just my 2 cents

Ion