Subject: Re: [boost] Json read...segment by segment
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-06 04:55:19

On 07/06/2015 09:55 AM, Sebastian Redl wrote:

> The PropertyTree parser is not a streaming parser, it builds a tree out
> of the entire contents of a file. This cannot be changed. I also don't
> know of any DOM parser for any semi-structured language that supports
> this; I wouldn't know how to do this in a useful way.

I am working on a streaming JSON parser [1] (documentation is still
missing though.) One of the examples [2] is a reimplementation of
property_tree::read_json(). It currently parses the entire content,
but only because it mimics the original behavior. It could be rewritten
to build the property_tree incrementally.

[1] https://github.com/breese/protocol
[2]
https://github.com/breese/protocol/tree/master/example/json/property_tree