Subject: Re: [boost] "Simple C++11 metaprogramming"
From: Bruno Dutra (brunocodutra_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-07-24 08:20:17

On Jul 24, 2015 6:11 AM, "Peter Dimov" <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Bruno Dutra wrote:
>>
>> Peter,
>> Since Part 2 of your article is all about benchmarking, have you
actually tried it?

> Yes, the timings in Part 2 use a log N integer_sequence.

Interesting.

Since your code snippets refer to the std library for the implementation of
integer_sequence, at first I thought it could've been the culprit behind
the degradation on performance of mp_contains, however, If it were the
case, such an impressive performance of mp_at wouldn't be expected. At any
rate I decided to mention it just in case you might have overlooked it.

I wonder why mp_contains is that affected by the double inheritance depth
and if there's any way around it. Especially on MSVC, that looks like a bug.

Regards,
Bruno