Subject: Re: [boost] [Log, Filesystem] Build errors using B2 and Jamfiles distributed with Boost
From: Norbert Wenzel (norbert.wenzel.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-02 05:02:15

On 08/01/2015 02:34 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On 01.08.2015 14:15, Norbert Wenzel wrote:
>>
>> Since the error can be triggered by changing the Boost version I reckon
>> this is due to a change in one of the Jamfiles (probably Boost.Log) and
>> not a problem of Boost.Build per se. But for reference I use Boost.Jam
>> Version 2014.03 (the one distributed with 1.58).
>
> Between 1.57 and 1.58 there were no changes to Boost.Log build system,
> except the switch to Boost.Config checks for the target architecture. I
> believe there was a change in Boost.Build that started causing this.

Thanks for your quick reply. Filesystem also did not change between the
two versions.
I tried to use the Jamfiles from 1.57 to build 1.58, but that did not
work. Even when copying the old context/config from 1.57 there were
errors because the same config target had been built twice (error:
unknown feature "<abi>"). I have not had time to look for differences
between context/config config/checks/architecture but since these were
recognized as the same project by bjam is it safe to assume they are
very much the same?

> I'm not a Boost.Build expert but as a quickfix you could try building
> Boost with all features explicitly set as listed in the error message.

That does not work, since I can not set <abi> in my local Jamfile,
because it is reported as an unknown feature. Is it possible to declare
properties like <abi> inside Jamfiles which should be referenced in my
local Jamfile explicitely?

thanks,
Norbert