Subject: Re: [boost] boost.org https certificate expired 4 month ago
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-08-11 17:38:34

On 11 Aug 2015 at 1:36, Klaim - Joël Lamotte wrote:

> > I noticed today that the https of boost.org is expired, and should have a
> > new certificate:
> > https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=boost.org
> >

> My understanding is that the process to renew the certificate was started
> few months ago but
> got nowhere. Not totally sure why though.
> The last status report from the steering committee is available there:
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.steering/126

We have a new SSL cert, and have had for some months.

The problem is installing it. We no longer have root access to the
server in question and I understand the person who had root access
isn't responding to email.

We would move to new servers, but need root access to copy off all
the existing data. So we keep pinging emails, and hope one day the
person in question replies.

This is why we need a dedicated employed person to do this stuff, to
keep migration plans and plan upkeep so getting orphaned from access
never occurs in the first place, and even if it did there is a live
offsite backup configured using docker/drbd etc we can replicate
from. The steering committee can only authorise that spending if
there is consensus from boost-dev that someone should be employed to
do this stuff, until that happens this situation will keep recurring
into the future with no end in sight.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting